IGNORED

OEM Plug For Connecting Heated Seats

tsp

I did not want to cut any wires on my RT so I searched until I found the plug that can connect to the existing wire for the heated BMW seat.

Part #: 83300402344

Cost: $16.12 plus shipping

If you want to read what I did go to:

www.swriding.blogspot.com

tsp

2010 RT

If the bike did not come supplied with a heated rider's seat but I found one on eBay would this replacemnt cable plug directly into the standard wiring loom somewhere? I'm thinking then that an inline switch would be all that is needed and the ZFE would do away with the need for a fuse. The other option I guess is to go straight to the battery .........

I'm not sure if this wire will work. I would think no since the wire is a repair plug. I'll check my bike later to see if the plug that is on the bike now is a pigtail to the wiring harness.

I'm old school... If I'm adding something myself I would fell better adding a fuse. For example I added an SAE plug directly to the battery but still included a 25 amp fuse (jump starting?). You just never know. Of course this setup is bypassing all BMW built in safe guards.

I'll try and get an answer on a non heated seat setup.

tsp

Blog: www.swriding.blogspot.com

If the bike did not come supplied with a heated rider's seat but I found one on eBay would this replacemnt cable plug directly into the standard wiring loom somewhere? I'm thinking then that an inline switch would be all that is needed and the ZFE would do away with the need for a fuse. The other option I guess is to go straight to the battery .........

Archived