IGNORED

Sena SMH10 and Iphone 3gs

wmpw

Im having difficulty with my Sena SMH10. It works perfectly in either intercom or phone calling/receiving mode but when I try to listen to music via the Iphone the reception is intermittent to the extent that it is not possible to listen to the music. The fault seems to be exacerbated when I move my head around suggesting a loose contact but movement has no adverse effect on the other functions. The current headset is the second with this problem, the first having been returned for a replacement. I asked this same question of sena but not yet had a reply. wondered if any of you guys had experienced the same?

I've been running my Sena SMH10 with my 3Gs since June and it has been flawless. I stream music (Pandora, Sat Radio, and MP3's) for hours at a time. I haven't had a single issue with mine or my Wife's headset (hers is paired with an iPhone 4).

When listening to music......are you using an audio cable or streaming it via bluetooth?

I've been running my Sena SMH10 with my 3Gs since June and it has been flawless. I stream music (Pandora, Sat Radio, and MP3's) for hours at a time. I haven't had a single issue with mine or my Wife's headset (hers is paired with an iPhone 4).

When listening to music......are you using an audio cable or streaming it via bluetooth?

I have been using bluetooth. Not yet tried the cable

Have you paired it in hands-free mode or the stereo mode (A2DP)?

Music will sound just awful in hands-free mode.

I had mine paired to my Zumo in A2DP mode and my phone paired to the Zumo. All worked fine.

Disclaimer - I don't have an i-Phone and thus am unaware of any idiosyncrasies that may exist with it and the Sena.

Tom

BluegrassPicker

Mine works really great. It has been so long since I paired it that I can;t remember what I did, but it can be done following the directions.

Also - make sure that another device such as the GPS of headset is not stealing the bluetooth phone link first.

Also - the play volume on your iPhone should be at max, then use the Sena for volume

Archived