IGNORED

Windshield for R 1200 RT

Micky

I am looking for an aftermarket windshield for my R 1200 RT.

Reading lot of good comments on the California Scientific shield verses the others.

My question is, how well this shield protect you in a rain, since it has a cut out hole for air

to reduce turbulence.

Need your comments and recommendation for the very best shield.

Thank's

Micky Hubay, St George, Utah

FWIW ... I just returned a Cal Sci windshield because I had to bend it too much (in my opinion) to mount it. The holes didn't line up properly. I called Cal Sci and the sales rep said, "Yeah, you have to bend it some to mount it." I wasn't comfortable with the amount of lateral torque that was placed on the mounting frame and the electrical adjustment mechanism by the windshield trying to bend back to it's original form. So I returned it. So, now I'm waiting for the Cee Bailey sale later this week -- gonna try a Cee Bailey.

I put on the ZTechnik VStream about 6 months ago and love it, it's a little bit quieter than the stock one and provides a lot better protection for my hands. I am really noticing how much warmer my hands are staying now that the temp is starting to drop. Eight hours in 38-42 degree weather and my hands stayed good, if I could just find something for my feet other that heated gear.

I have the CalSci medium on my '05 RT and I love it. I have had no issues in the rain as a result of the cut out. Didn't notice anything different in that regard. However, the wonderful, clean, quiet pocket of air created by the CalSci is much, much better than stock. I have no experience with the other choices that are well liked.

Archived