IGNORED

Tires for vintage Honda?

jviss

Looking at a 1973 CB350. What tires should I put on this? I found some in the correct original size, of 3.00-18 front and 3.50-18 rear, but they are bias-ply. Should I look for radials? What's the correct original tire, and what's the best performing, safest tire?

Thanks!

I don't think you can find radials in sizes close enough to original. I think any brand name tire in the right size will be much better than the bike had when new.

Did it come with radials originally? If it OEM came with bias ply, take a look at Continental, ContiGo tires. Modern compound and design and available in some of the inch sizes. They ride great on my R60/6 and R100.

According to the Honda press release I have under my nose right now you can fit a 90/90-18 front and a 110/90-18 rear as well.

Michelin still makes the M45 in exactly your sizes though.

I wouldn't be at all concerned about running bias ply tires.

There is no shortage of good bias ply tires on the market. My last bike was a C10 Kawasaki Concours -- 670 lbs without a rider -- and I ran bias ply tires on it. I also run bias plies (Shinko 777) on my '79 CX500. It's a very good tire, unfortunately, it's not available in an 18" rear.

Archived