IGNORED

Is Such a Thing Available?

I've bought myself a Garmin cellphone. Laugh as much as you want but I was in dire need of a new phone and it was really cheap.

The GPS in it is a real peach though and it's useful for the few times I have to get around a big city.

But like all Android phones it likes to guzzle up batteries so it came with a handy cigarette-lighter type battery charger.

Problem: it's too large to fit inside the RT socket.

So... anyone know of an adapter that will fit?

Thanks.

I have that exact same item and it works great. However you can IF the plug on your phone is not a voltage item, just cut the wires and attach a BMW size plug. I had two phones, one did have a voltage regulator and one did not. on the one that did not it was nice to have the bmw style plug

Most phones and GPS units are 5.5 volts. I have an alternate SAE 2 wire connector to the battery under the seat and bought a SAE2 wire to cigarette lighter adapter to do the same thing. I can disconnect and use the same SAE plug for a trickle charger and the other plug for a GPS or an emergency mini tire pump from Harbor Freight I keep in a saddle bag.

I also have an SAE 2 wire to power supply two wire heated jacket connector. If the accessory circuit goes down I still have a heat source.

Archived