IGNORED

New highway pegs anyone?

Jim Cherry

I just put on a set of Ilium highway pegs on my 2011 R1200RT. Has anyone used them on their bike? I also have the BMW engine head guards. Would you rate them as good or whatever? They seem to be well built. They are a little heavy but the weight is carried down low. Please give some input on them. I have not been on the road yet with them. May god bless.....everyone... Jim Cherry

I just put them on my 09 RT. I may be taking them off and selling them. They are too high to provide relief for me.

Ideally, the pegs should be further forward and lower. That would give my legs an opportunity to stretch out. Right now, It's an awkward position that still cramps me.

Putting the pegs lower and further forward could be a solution that is unique to me and my inseam.

I have a set on my '05 RT, and I like them. I do not get a full stretch with them, but enough to change the position of my knees and provide some relief. IMO, the best thing about them on an RT is the chance to leave your legs out in the wind on hot rides.

malcolmblalock
I have a set on my '05 RT, and I like them. I do not get a full stretch with them, but enough to change the position of my knees and provide some relief. IMO, the best thing about them on an RT is the chance to leave your legs out in the wind on hot rides.

+1

Do these hiway pegs reduce your lean angle?

No. I have the version that mounts to the frame, and they mount just under the cylinder head. When folded in, I can't see them impeding lean angle at all. If you leave them sticking out when cornering, they could touch the road if you are spirited, but they are hinged and will fold in if that were to happen. I got in the habbit of kicking them in whenever I take my feet off of them, and I have had no issue.

Do these hiway pegs reduce your lean angle?

No. I have the version that mounts to the frame, and they mount just under the cylinder head. When folded in, I can't see them impeding lean angle at all. If you leave them sticking out when cornering, they could touch the road if you are spirited, but they are hinged and will fold in if that were to happen. I got in the habbit of kicking them in whenever I take my feet off of them, and I have had no issue.

GH, do you have a picture of your setup you can upload?

Wayne C.

I have a set of Iliums and am pretty happy with them. On long rides, I use them to stretch the legs which otherwise start getting crampy. I usually don't spend much time on them, just enough to give the legs a break. For that purpose they are good. I have stretched out for longer periods on long interstate runs, but never feel like I have full control of the bike.

I agree - had the same experience on my 04 R1150R.

Put the expensive pegs on from A&S that mount into the plug recess.

Rode the bike once, took them off and sold them.

Feet too high, sat on the point of my butt. WAY uncomfortable.

GH, do you have a picture of your setup you can upload?

Wayne C.

Let's see if the photos work. I took one of right folded in and one folded out. You can see in the pic with the peg folded in that it is slightly higher up than the regular footpeg, which is why I don't see there being an issue with lean angle.

a>

I have them on my "09 RT and I love them. They're well made and you can put all your weight on them to get relief. Well worth the $$ if you ride enough.

I have them on my "09 RT and I love them. They're well made and you can put all your weight on them to get relief. Well worth the $$ if you ride enough.

Archived