IGNORED

Euro apparel sizes

Paul Mihalka

Some times I see in "Classifieds" uncertainty about what the European apparel sizes mean, so here it goes. From the euro size you take 10 off for a USA chest size. So a euro 56 is 46" chest. For pants you take a additional 8 off (total 18) to get a 38" waist. For letter sizes like M/L/XL, my experience is that their sizes are smaller than ours. A euro XL is probably a USA L. Some times I have seen a euro XXL be more like a USA L.

S From the euro size you take 10 off for a USA chest size. So a euro 56 is 46" chest.

And then there are the Tall sizes. It works like this.

Take your chest size and add 10 (like Paul said), multiply by two and subtract two = Euro Tall size. Confused yet?

I'm skinny and tall, my BMW jacket is size 102. Which is US 42L.

Chest size 42, add 10 = 52. multiply by two = 104. Minus two = 102.

The "multiply by ten" simply denotes Tall sizing.

Subtract two comes from the fact the "42L" has the length of a "42" with the girth of a 40. Tall size jacket has a chest size that that's basically two inches smaller than the US size number indicates.

Short sizes are little easier. Take the US size, add 10 (like Paul said) and divide by two.

Example. US 48S is (48 + 10)/2 = 29 Euro.

--

Mikko

S From the euro size you take 10 off for a USA chest size. So a euro 56 is 46" chest.

And then there are the Tall sizes. It works like this.

Take your chest size and add 10 (like Paul said), multiply by two and subtract two = Euro Tall size. Confused yet?

I'm skinny and tall, my BMW jacket is size 102. Which is US 42L.

Chest size 42, add 10 = 52. multiply by two = 104. Minus two = 102.

The "multiply by ten" simply denotes Tall sizing.

Subtract two comes from the fact the "42L" has the length of a "42" with the girth of a 40. Tall size jacket has a chest size that that's basically two inches smaller than the US size number indicates.

Short sizes are little easier. Take the US size, add 10 (like Paul said) and divide by two.

Example. US 48S is (48 + 10)/2 = 29 Euro.

--

Mikko

Caca de Toro! (the sizing, not your explanation)

Archived