IGNORED

ZTechnik VStream for R1200RT

donflow337

Does anyone have any experience (pro or con) about the VStream windshield for 2005-2009 R1200RTs?

I have the original stock (good for warm and hot weather) and a Cee Bailey (very good for cooler and cold if adjusted up high enough).

I'm thinking about a VStream and question air movement and wind noise as I have read differing experiences. I'm 6'0" 210 lbs. and tend to sit fairly tall in the saddle. Would the Z2402 work or would the Z2403 be better if at all?

Thanks,

Don.

I have an 07RT with the VStream Z2402 on it and love it,,Im 6' 200 lbs,Can tilt the shield to see over it with very little wind noise,,Just me ,but I think it's the best shield out there for the RT,,,All the guys in my crew have them,,,

I have an 07 RT and both a V-stream and a Cee Baileys. The V-stream works *much* better than the oem, but the CB is a cut above the V-stream. The CB stops more air from hitting my arms, chest and lower. The VS is great in warm weather as it allows more air to get around its V-shaped lower profile. Both of them are great for stopping the buffeting. If I could only have one, it would be the CB as it provides the most weather protection, ESP when raining!

I bought a VStream for my '09 and sent it back because it is much wider at the top than other after market designs. I couldn't turn my handlebars fully left and right with my GS mirrors. I now have a Cee Bailey's standard height, 3" wider windshield and it is great for me. I'm 6' tall. Big difference (I think) is the extra width of the CB compared to the OEM shield.

I have an 07 RT and both a V-stream and a Cee Baileys. The V-stream works *much* better than the oem, but the CB is a cut above the V-stream. The CB stops more air from hitting my arms, chest and lower. The VS is great in warm weather as it allows more air to get around its V-shaped lower profile. Both of them are great for stopping the buffeting. If I could only have one, it would be the CB as it provides the most weather protection, ESP when raining!

I agree completely. There was a v-stream on my RT when I bought it. I thought there was a lot of buffeting on the highway with the v-stream. I went to the Cee Baileys and noticed the improvement right away. Sold the v-stream. Note that I'm 6'2" with bar-backs on the bike which may make a difference

Archived