IGNORED

Ring Tank Bag Mount

dazzz

Currently I have a Cortech magnetic tank bag lashed to the tank of my '02 1150 RT. Obviouly no good. Any advice on a gas cap ring mount I can adapt to this bag I like so well?

I've heard of people gluing magnets to the underside of their plastic fairing at matching points to the tank bag's magnets. No idea how well it works.

----

Agree. And you can do it with an electrified mount if you choose so you can use the bag as your phone charger, etc also. They allow up to 5A draw so you can't run heated gear through the tank bag connection like I do on my 10A electrified BMW tank bag

Their setup has a clever electronic relay that keeps the contact by the gas cap de-energized unless the bag is connected - a neat safety feature. However, the flip side is that the circuitry involved (hidden is a little cube) draws a tiny bit of current that adds to the bikes passive draw. So its a good idea to pull the release pin on the bag when parking the bike for any length of time (days, not hours).

Racer7 is correct- Do NOT leave the bag on the bike for extended periods. Even overnight will start to drain your battery. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was on my Ducati. Then I read the instructions, duh!

I use the electrified Bags Connectoin system on my ST3 and like it a lot, so simple to take the bag on and off with no wires to mess with (unlike the Marsee system).

If you are not interested in the electrics then the Corona mount that Marsee uses would also be an option. Adapt the 'ring' to your exisiting bag and go.

Luggage Locker has a similiar system that locks as well, they show up on eBay ocassionly.

Archived