IGNORED

R1200RT set up

motorman587

What kind of set ups, do people have. Looking for ideas for GPS, music etc.........

I don't want it to be to cluttered up front. I had a self once and had the GPS, XM radio, Radio antenna etc......just cluttered the dash area.

Just wondering what others have or use. Thanks.

John, if you get an integrated device, such as a Zumo GPS, you can have an all in one setup which minimizes clutter. My old Zumo (circa 2006) is a GPS, plays MP3s on an 8G card, has satellite radio, and handles the phone via Bluetooth (I don't use that feature, but it's there). One device, one RAM mount. That's all you need.

-MKL

I use a Sena SMH10 bluetooth headset which talks to the phone, Itouch and the the Zumo 550. I do not use the Zumo for tunes because it does not do Bluetooth 2.0 which is what you need for stereo sound. No only is there no clutter but there's no wires :)

I use a Sena SMH10 bluetooth headset which talks to the phone, Itouch and the the Zumo 550. I do not use the Zumo for tunes because it does not do Bluetooth 2.0 which is what you need for stereo sound. No only is there no clutter but there's no wires :)

+1 with a Monster remote for the IPOD stuck to the left dash with dualock.

I got the Garmin Zumo 665 to solve this problem. I got mine during a special sale about a month ago so the financial sting wasn't quite so bad. I does all of the things I need extremely well.

When I was looking for possible mounts for my K-RS, I ran across a few RT mounts that attach to the shelf behind the instruments and mounts the device above them but still under the windshield. My mount positions it about the same and I really like it there. Far easier to glance at it than even the instrument cluster. Just something to consider.

NCS

Very true for the 550. 660/665 has A2DP profile and has good stereo. If you have an old 550 and want to do this, there are several third party adapters. PM for more info.

I got the Garmin Zumo 665 to solve this problem. I got mine during a special sale about a month ago so the financial sting wasn't quite so bad. I does all of the things I need extremely well.

+1 I've got a K1200S and my cockpit is even more "limit". No problems with a 665 mounted on the left control with a radar detector dead center. Autocom ties it all together and we're happy. I used to have a seperate holder for my phone to play internet radio and MP3 but have retired that.

Archived