IGNORED

Bike update

taters

I was the idiot who left my bike running and went inside my apt. Only to have a neighbor

Pound on my door telling me , he turned my bike off. It was smoking badly and heated up so badly it burned through the glass where I check the oil.

Well I picked up the bike today and all is well. There was still 2 quarts of oil left in the bike. Bike runs great. It has 88,000 miles on it. Now I have to decide if I will keep it or look to trade it in for a ninja 1000 with abs. I might just replace my bill mayers seat with a sargeant seat, roll the dice , and see how long I can ride it.

Love the bike. Has ohlin shocks and I love the brake assist. It's an 04. First bike I've ever owned. Had the whole rear end replaced. Cost. $4000. Good thing I bought an aftermarket warranty. Even then the service manager had to fight them to make good on it.

Thanks for all the help and advice through the time on this forum

your are not alone. a friend of mine did exactly the same thing with an r1100. it frosted the sight glass and the key burned his fingers when he turned it off. took it to his mechanic, replaced the sight glass, changed oil (or put fresh oil in, wasnt much left in it). some of the plastic was melted but it seems ok. he has ridded it on several trips with no problems. maybe that is why we ride them.

Archived