IGNORED

Spiegler brake lines internet dealer? Discount?

jviss

I would have bought a brake line set from Spiegler for my '01 R1100RT if I could have on their website.

Does anyone know an internet dealer for these? And dealer that sells below list?

Thanks,

jv

Thanks. I contacted them previously and they said they would sell them, but at list price; their dealers discount them. I got a reply from Kneedraggers, and the discount is only 6%.

If you're not set on spiegler you could call Bud Provin at Nickwackett garage. He makes stainless lines in house. I have a set on my RT and am quite pleased with them. A google search should yield his website and contact info.

If you're not set on spiegler you could call Bud Provin at Nickwackett garage. He makes stainless lines in house. I have a set on my RT and am quite pleased with them. A google search should yield his website and contact info.

I did & here is the info (look below the Gerbings add).

Thanks to all for the advice and input.

Background: the Spiegler brake line kit for the R100RT is a five line kit, using the OEM cross-over pipe on the fork. Others are three line kits, with one having a "Y" inline. I prefer the OEM and Spiegler setup.

The kit lists at $217; choice of colors for line and terminals adds $25.

Here's the wind up.

I received a reply from Jeff at "STG," sportbiketrackgear.com. He offered the set, any color, shipping included, for $200. I ordered today, Phil took my order, and included a bottle of EBC DOT 4 brake fluid and a can of Champion brake cleaner at no charge. He said these are made up as they are ordered, and it would be two days to make them, I should have them by Wednesday.

(No relation, usual disclaimers apply).

Wow. I have added them to my list of preferred vendors.

Thanks John -

That's helpful info as I could use a set for my R1100RT. I've used Sportbiketrackgear in years past with excellent results, but I didn't think of them for my plunky RT. I'll reach out to them.

I have nickwackett lines on my RT. My bike with all my service records are spending the winter in storage, when I get a chance I'll get to it and look up the price for the lines. One thing about Bud's lines when you order them you'll be talking to the person making them.

I have nickwackett lines on my RT. My bike with all my service records are spending the winter in storage, when I get a chance I'll get to it and look up the price for the lines. One thing about Bud's lines when you order them you'll be talking to the person making them.

Before I ordered the Spieglers I looked at the Nickwackett web site. It left me with the impression that's it's a quirky, one-man-show. There is no information at all on the site about the lines, except for five sentences extolling the the virtues of him personally making your brake lines. For me, I prefer an engineered part to a craft-produced part. In addition, there's nothing about pricing and availability and delivery on the site. I don't want to have a personal discussion with the guy, I just want a high quality, high value product with fast delivery and excellent support. I doubt a one-man, craft production source can match something like Spiegler for that.

Based on your testimonial, John, I just contacted sportbiketrackgear.com. Sharing of knowledge/experience on this forum is a wonderful thing.

Based on your testimonial, John, I just contacted sportbiketrackgear.com. Sharing of knowledge/experience on this forum is a wonderful thing.

Great! There are also a series of instruction videos on their site about installing the lines and bleeding, etc.

John,

My brother lives in VT and uses Bud Provin for his services and such. His shop and his services are excellent. Don't let the "one man show" steer you away from him. It would be the same as saying Craig Vehorich (Vech) is a one man show down in Sturgis, MS. He has been producing parts and working on airheads for years. What about Tom Cutter? Another one man show? I prefer a craftsman myself and the personal conversation that I can have with him.

Just my 2 cents...

I received my Spiegler brake lines yesterday. They are beautiful. Included a replacement aluminum manifold for the front (per the OEM installation). Unfortunately they shorted me the banjo bolts. I could use the old ones, but I wanted the color-coordinated bolts. Contacted Sportbiketrackgear.com, and they apologized, and said Spiegler will send them directly to me, probably ship same day (that was yesterday).

Also bought my third MityVac bleeder kit; I have no idea where these are disappearing to!

Looks like it will be easy to install the lines, but the fairings and tank have to come off.

Archived