IGNORED

Ztechnik Engine Guard-- R1100RT

Pat Buzzard

malcolmblalock

I have them on my 1200 RT, and they look great. Haven't dropped the bike to try them out, but the previous owner of the bars dropped her bike and they did fine. Mine have a few scratches, but since they're stainless steel, there's no rust and a little work with sandpaper makes the scratches hard to see.

Well made and fit with no alterations. Very sturdy.

I've had the Wonderlich and Touratech bars as well and like these the best.

I have them on my RT. In my opinion they're pretty good. Well designed and easy to install. I like that they don't restrict air flow around the cylinder heads. I haven't dropped :dopeslap: the bike since I installed them. Hopefully I'll never test them.

Would either of you mind sharing some pictures? All the stock photos show them from the side or behind, I'd like to see what they look like from the front.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Pat

I've got them on mine. There is a tab for hanging a light on the front as well. It requires an exceedingly small light or, an extender tab. For those that look too closely, yes, I know.

I tested them almost immediately after getting them by dropping the bike when I forgot a disc lock. They seem to make it a bit easier to pick up....bike kind of rolls on the bar.

IMAG0049.jpg

Danny caddyshack Noonan

It gets in the way about 4 minutes worth on each side. You do have to get down on the ground a bit to get them off. One needs to add a long 5mm or 6 mm hex driver to the tool kit for the screw under the jug since it's about 6 inches away from anywhere ones hand may conveniently fit.

They do have to come off to pull the tupperware.

There're three fasteners on each. One in front near the header pipe, one under and one in back. I switched the rear fastener on the left jug to a machine screw because it was too difficult to get on and off with the tupperware in the way. The right jug has a removable panel that allows access to the same screw so I kept the socket head cap screw there.

Archived