IGNORED

Schuberth Concept Helmet

SteveHebert

I need a snap in liner for my Schuberth Concept helmet. Does anyone know of a source where I can purchase one? I believe it is the C2 and is size 59 (7 3/8).

Thanks

Welcome S-Bahn, what part of Georgia. How do you like the new bike. Tell us a little about things and join the crew at the Helen get together.

Terry

So I sent Phil an e-mail (USA dealer) from the link provided. Not only was he quick to respond, but he put a liner in the mail immediately and will not accept payment! I bought this helmet used and told him that. It did not matter to him. That is customer service! I love the fit of the schuberth and the increased visibility the helmets provides over any other full face or flip front helmet I have owned.

• 2 weeks later...

So, to add to the amzing customer service story of Phil Chapman at Schuberth North America, my wife received the package he sent with the new liner in it. Along with the liner was a clear shield and the tinted visor. He also included some small Schuberth trinkets. All of this was free of charge. He did not ask for a payment, nor will he accept a payment. He stands behind the brand.

I will be purchasing my new helmet from him when I depart Afghanistan for good..

malcolmblalock

I have a C3 that had two problems within 3 months of purchase. The face shield fogged, even though it should not have. The face shield leaked at the top in the rain. It should not have leaked.

I contacted Schuberth and a rep from California asked me to send the helmet to them for warranty. They paid for shipping. About 10 days later, the helmet showed up with a new face shield and rubber strip on the helmet where the face shield contacts the helmet at the top.

They guaranteed the face shield would not leak or fog up. It hasn't since then.

About 2 months later, I noticed that the liner had separated from itself on one side. I contacted the rep again, and in less than a week, a new liner showed up in the mail. In both cased, Schuberth included some trinkets in their returns.

Although this is a very expensive helmet, it's the best I've used, and I am satisfied that their warranty is reliable. I guess (hope) you get what you pay for...

• 3 years later...

My new c3 pro leaks water terribly at the top of the face shield. It is wetter on the inside than the outside. Never had this problem before.

My new c3 pro leaks water terribly at the top of the face shield. It is wetter on the inside than the outside. Never had this problem before.

I had the same problem, until a Schubert rep showed me that I wasn't completely closing the shield.

I closed it until it stopped -- seemed like it was closed, just like many helmets I'd had before.

Turned out that the shield needs to be pressed down just a hair further, until you hear it "click" -- the completely closed position. Watertight since that day.

The early Schuberths, the C1 had a shield that moved horizontally when the helmet was in the closed position, meaning IN and OUT. The out position have a slight breathe of air.

The C3 and Pro do have a tight lock but it is best engaged by using the thumb grasp piece on the shield and hiking your index finger around it with your thumb grasping the bottom edge of the chin bar and pinching together.

This lowers the shield just a fraction to seal out water.

As the helmet is used, the gasket compresses a bit making it easier to operate.

Whoever sold you the helmet should have explained that.

If you bought it online, then there you go.

I tried it last night. My previous c3 didn't click shut and didn't leak water. That helmet is two years old. I may try a water test this weekend.

Didn't say click.

It won't "click" shut, the last bit, it's against the rubber seal, so it's more of a muted friction feel as it goes all the the way down.

Well mine makes a clicking sound as it fully closes. Also a few posts earlier a poster says theirs clicks. Doesn't make any difference as long as it is shut and doesn't leak. This helmet is definately different than my other one.

Archived