IGNORED

Cheap tires

Rob L

Yup that's what I am known for...very frugal :/ I ordered a set of Shinko 009Ravens for my 06RT. $168 delivered! :thumbsup: Not a typo! Where??

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ I always look for a good deal and share it. This is my first order with this company, no affiliation. I ordered the tires Monday AM, they are due to arrive Friday via UPS.

As far as Shikos go.....I installed a pair last summer. They have over 9000 miles and looks like I'll get 1-2000 more miles before hitting the wearbars. I commute and have a couple of slab trips 2 up with bags. The tires do not have a large flat spot like most develop and still handle well. They are QUIET! I have used many brands and these don't sing to me :grin: I have lots of wet miles on them and they stick well.

Cheap BMW rider....that's me :thumbsup: Proud of it too :wave:

Alas, the Shinko is not an option for my R1100RT, with its 18" rear wheel.

Here's my experience to date with rear tires (excluding 2 that suffered unrepairable punctures long before the tread was gone):

Metzeler ME 880 : 6,323 miles

Continental Road Attack: 6,233 miles

Michelin PR2 : 14,014 miles (as of today, looks like it could go for another 500 miles)

Same bike, same pressures, same rider, same roads. A pair of PR3s is going on both wheels next week.

Yup that's what I am known for...very frugal :/ I ordered a set of Shinko 009Ravens for my 06RT. $168 delivered! :thumbsup: Not a typo! Where??

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

As far as Shikos go.....I installed a pair last summer. They have over 9000 miles and looks like I'll get 1-2000 more miles before hitting the wearbars. handle well. They are QUIET! I have used many brands and these don't sing to me :grin: I have lots of wet miles on them and they stick well.

That's good News! I am glad you had great mileage on those Shinko's! I ordered and installed a pair on my 12C hack set up at the end of the season last year and hope for the same great service from them!

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

As far as Shikos go.....I installed a pair last summer. They have over 9000 miles and looks like I'll get 1-2000 more miles before hitting the wearbars. handle well. They are QUIET! I have used many brands and these don't sing to me :grin: I have lots of wet miles on them and they stick well.

quote]

I'm on my 5th set of the Ravens, well five rears, two fronts to be precise. I'm a believer, and now buy in bulk :)

Wet, dry, hot, cold, loaded or light, it's like suddenly my tires for the RT are half price. Watch for coupons/sales from JCWhitney for an even better deal.

Here's my experience to date with rear tires (excluding 2 that suffered unrepairable punctures long before the tread was gone):

Michelin PR2 : 14,014 miles (as of today, looks like it could go for another 500 miles)

Same bike, same pressures, same rider, same roads. A pair of PR3s is going on both wheels next week.

What pressure are yo running? Thats some great mileage.

That's certainly much different from my experience. I never got more than 6500 miles out of a rear PR or PR2 (haven't tried the PR3). However, I've consistently gotten over 10k on several rear ME880 with one going 12k. I have an 07 RT; the rear ME880 paired with a Z6 front is my favored setup. The R1200RT uses radials, does the 1100 use bias ply?

Radial. I'm as mystified as you; in the past 15 years, I've never gotten more than 10,000 miles (usually considerably less) out of a rear tire, so my experience with the PR2 is an outlier. I'm hoping the PR3 will be similar.

Archived