IGNORED

SENA blue tooth question

RLJ

Has anyone who has the SENA bluetooth for rider and passenger been able to figure out how to get the XM radio to rider and passenger? I was set to buy one and found out from SENA that only the rider or passenger can pair up with the Zumo 550.

The only way I am aware of to make it work is to use the standard audio out from the Zumo, run it through a headphone splitter, and then connect audio cables from the splitter to each of the AUX inputs on the Sena headsets.........therefor you are no longer wireless.

Another option would be using the audio splitter into two Bluetooth dongles. Then you could pair one headset 1 with dongle 1, and headset 2 with dongle 2. That would allow you to both hear whatever the Zumo is outputing.

If you have something that works for you, I wouldn't screw with it.

The way we have it setup, I have mine paired to my phone and my wife has hers paired to her phone. We can each listen to our own music on the phones, each listen to Pandora, or each listen to Sirius/XM. We each have that option, but neither is stuck listening to what the other one wants to listen to.

I will check into the dongles. I have no idea what your talking about but will find out. Can you get these things at radio shack or some other store?

It would be nice to get rid of all of the wires

Radio shack might sell them. Place like Best Buy or online might be a better place. They are usually battery powered and plug into the headphone jack of MP3 players and such. They convert the audio signal to a bluetooth signal and then you can pair it with any bluetooh listening device (like wireless headphones or in this case, a Sena headset). The downside being that you would also have to keep those dongles charged up. Finding one that could charge while in use would be the ticket so you could just hard wire them to the bike and forget it. I'm not sure if you can find such a thing, but that would be the solution to your issue.

Look on eBay and search for bluetooth transmitter. I got over 1200 hits. Most of the stuff comes from youknowwhere, but then, what doesn't these days? If you're not in a real hurry you can usually find what you need at a relatively fair price compared to purchasing the exact same item from a stateside vendor.

BTW, in regards to the Sena unit, a BT dongle will work just fine. That said IF you are using the Sena in the full time intercom mode (mikes are hot all the time) then when your GPS transmits an audio notice to the headset, the intercom circuit drops out for a few seconds.

On blue tooth dongles. Amazon has a pretty good selection.Chatterbox makes one that will charge with bike power and send signal. The problem for me was that when you shut off your bike the unit shuts off also. you have to re push the on button. Stopping for gas,eating , or anything. I went back to the cheeper one agptek and just charge it.Battery life is addiquit.I routed my stuff through a amplirider. Good luck with your choice.

Thanks for the info everyone. I haven't yet purchased a Sena bluetooth intercom yet. I was hoping that there was a way around the problem of only one headset being able to link to the garmin for xm radio. Looks like I have a solution thanks to you guys.

Archived