IGNORED

Cyclegadgets and Big Mak Are No More?

tatt2tony

I tried to link to cyclegadgets and big mak but it looks like they went bye-bye? Looking for good sites for general aftermarket "stuff" for the 04 RT, please share your favs. Thanks!

I have had good success with White Horse Gear, Illium Works, ZTechnik, Wunderlich and Adventure Gear. You can get just about anything at Revzilla, Max BMW or Bob's BMW. If you do a search on any of these businesses, they'll come up easily.

It's a shame that some of the suppliers for our favorite past time

are going out of business. I think it's important to note the businesses that donate products/money to support the rallies/events we attend and try to do business with them whenever possible or they will eventually be gone too. Support those that support us is my motto. Don

I had a big mak tank bag on my R1150RT and loved it. Wish they were still available. Cycle Gadgets was a great company to deal with. Their customer service was excellent. I was sorry to se them go under.

I have had good success with White Horse Gear, Illium Works, ZTechnik, Wunderlich and Adventure Gear.

Good list. May I add Twisted Throttle as an increasingly good source of good stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to link to cyclegadgets and big mak but it looks like they went bye-bye? Looking for good sites for general aftermarket "stuff" for the 04 RT, please share your favs. Thanks!

Yep,...lot's changed since you've been gone..

IBMWR.comm Market Place has quite a bit too for some "no longer available" items...

I had a big mak tank bag on my R1150RT and loved it. Wish they were still available. Cycle Gadgets was a great company to deal with. Their customer service was excellent. I was sorry to se them go under.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I bought a lot of stuff from Cyclegadgets over the years and still have my now almost ten year old Big Mak tank bag. I wanted to get a new one a few years ago and pinged BM himself but was ignored so I checked around the innernet and found out that he's living "off the grid" doing his own thing. His tank bag business may not be completely shut down but based on what I've read it's highly unlikely it'll ever go back into production.

Lone_RT_rider

I have a couple of Big Mak Tank bags left in the garage. I have one of the custom styles he did to fit the R1200RT factory tank bag base, the plastic type. I could never speak highly enough of the products, or the quality. Great stuff!

Shawn

P.S. Will the flip up base from the R1100RT fit the R1150 GS without to much of a problem?

Archived