IGNORED

New Boots - Stiff Soles - No brake feel

Michaelr11

I got a new pair of Alpinestar boots. Nice enough, they were pretty stiff when I got them but they have broken in - at least the uppers now bend enough when I walk. I'm having a hard time getting a feel for the brake lever. What's your experience with this? Does lever feel eventually arrive or do I just have to wait for the boots to break in more? My previous boot was a Double-H brand harness boot, which had a much thinner sole and was several years broken in.

When I first got my R1200RT it was hard for me to find the little stud for the rear brakes with my big feet let alone feel how hard I was pushing down on it,,So I installed a larger pad,,I got this from Touratech I believe ,,Now I can find it and feel it,,Works for me,, IMG_0467.jpg

I got a new pair of Alpinestar boots. Nice enough, they were pretty stiff when I got them but they have broken in - at least the uppers now bend enough when I walk. I'm having a hard time getting a feel for the brake lever. What's your experience with this? Does lever feel eventually arrive or do I just have to wait for the boots to break in more? My previous boot was a Double-H brand harness boot, which had a much thinner sole and was several years broken in.

I had the same feeling when I got a pair of Alpinestars boots several years ago. It felt like I was wearing the box that the boots came in, instead of the boots themselves. I, too, had perviously been wearing boots that were not nearly as stiff (probably weren't nearly as protective I'd imagine). After a relatively short time I adapted to the feel of the Alpinestars and, over time, the boots do break in.

Archived