IGNORED

2011 RT - Admore lighting installation question. +12V supply?

Casey

Here's the background:

Admore LED lighting kit installed into my Givi V46 topcase. Turn signals, brake lights and running lights. I've got 12V power for the kit coming from the red/green wire going to my rear aux plug. So far, everything works, but when I turn the bike off the kit stays lit for about 1 minute. The LED lights also come on (and stay on) when I plug into either the front or the rear accessory plug with my Optimate 4 battery charger.

A few questions:

Am I tapping into the right +12V wire for power?

Would tapping into a different wire stop the lights staying on? If so, which wire/where?

I've not ridden with the Admore light kit installed. Will it freak the CANBUS out and cause the yellow triangle to light up?

I did a search using Admore with no luck about which color/location of wire to use.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

C

Update - Conversation with Admore.

I left a voicemail with Admore this morning, and was called back a couple of hours later. They said that the CANBUS system doesn't supply steady +12V power to the tail lights, but pulse modulated power to the lights when needed.

The rear aux port's power shuts down approx. 1 minute after the key is turned off. So the only other options are to

a) - tap into a wire in the front for the switched power.

b) - install a fuse panel.

c) - accept the light staying on for about a minute.

So I think I'll go with c until a later date. If I ever install a fuse panel I'll reroute the power wire to it. Until then, I guess the lights will stay on for about a minute. When I plug into my battery charger, I'll just disconnect the harness from the topcase.

Thanks for the replies and assistance. And thanks to Admore for the customer service.

DC

Archived