IGNORED

2004 1150 RT-Valve covers

cpayne

I suggest just cleaning them up and painting or powder coating them. Much less expensive and if done correctly I doubt anyone would ever know the difference.

Anyone know where to get some new looking covers. Mine are scuffed from a drop. Are there covers available?

Not at a price you want to pay.... A month in from repainting, my valve covers are holding up nicely. Not quite A/B because of different lighting conditions, but I did put together a before/after picture:

valve%2520cover%2520repaint.jpg

DuPont import paint 88-00910 Artic Silver.

Chris Kenney turned me on to it 10 years ago. Tape off where the fins are and start wet sanding the heads. When they are smooth, use a gray primer for several coats and then sand again. Apply several coats of the Artic Siler paint, then apply several coats of a satin clear coat. It takes a weekend due to drying time between coats and about $10.

Results are awesome.

Luggage can be painted with Krylon Fusion. Again, results awesome.

Chuck U Farley
I suggest just cleaning them up and painting or powder coating them. Much less expensive and if done correctly I doubt anyone would ever know the difference.

I painted my valve covers with Satin Black high heat engine enamel and the engine guards/spark-plug covers Titan Silver. I think it turned out well.

I painted my valve covers with Satin Black high heat engine enamel and the engine guards/spark-plug covers Titan Silver. I think it turned out well.

can I see pics?

Archived