IGNORED

D-ring conversion

RAMBLIN RED

I have about 8000 miles on a Nolan N90 helmet And I am very satisfied with it except for the micro-lok strap fastener. It rubs my adams apple and I tend to leave the strap loose to compensate. Ruins a great helmet. Plus, I can't use a helmet lock with the thing. Does anyone know of an aftermarket D-ring conversion?

I have a Nolan N102 and a N43. I found that the strap lock gets less in the way if I keep it tight so it stays above the Adam's apple.

I have a Nolan N102 and a N43. I found that the strap lock gets less in the way if I keep it tight so it stays above the Adam's apple.

Hi Paul...I tried that but I guess adams apples are placed differently

By the way...I met a Harley rider a few weeks back who said BMW riders were "uppity".So we can't be old farts, we have to be elderly flatulants.

I have about 8000 miles on a Nolan N90 helmet And I am very satisfied with it except for the micro-lok strap fastener. It rubs my adams apple and I tend to leave the strap loose to compensate. Ruins a great helmet. Plus, I can't use a helmet lock with the thing. Does anyone know of an aftermarket D-ring conversion?

That's the reason I won't buy a Nolan helmet. I've tried my wife's Nolan a couple of times but the micro-lock always felt more like a MACRO-lok. No matter how tight or loose the strap was, it always felt like I had a big lump rubbing my neck or chin. A D-ring is simple to use and unobtrusive. As far as I'm concerned, the micro-lok is a gimmick solution looking for a problem.

That's the reason I won't buy a Nolan helmet. I've tried my wife's Nolan a couple of times but the micro-lock always felt more like a MACRO-lok. No matter how tight or loose the strap was, it always felt like I had a big lump rubbing my neck or chin. A D-ring is simple to use and unobtrusive. As far as I'm concerned, the micro-lok is a gimmick solution looking for a problem.

What you see as a gimmick works for some - I think my wife would have to fall pretty madly in love with a d-ring helmet now that she's had N102 for a few years - the microlock might even be higher on her feature list than the flip-up chinbar.

I've used them, but my helmet has a d-ring and I'm fine either way.

As to the OP's question, I googled and couldn't find anything helpful - just a few other posts like yours whose threads provided no more answers than this one so far has. Sorry. I'll take a look at my wife's later - when she gets home from work - and see if I can think of anything.

By the way...I met a Harley rider a few weeks back who said BMW riders were "uppity".

When you're down that far, everything is up from there.

Well, I never considered that from a viewpoint of saddle height before! By that criterion HP2 riders would be the most uppity, followed by 1200GSA'ers. :grin:

John

Archived