IGNORED

Generic Overpants

MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter

Hey all,

Wondering if you all could direct me to some full-length, side-zip riding overpants. I've got a jacket I like but am having trouble locating pants. Actually, there are just too many options to choose from. What's worked for you? Only real requirement is that I'd rather them not be black only because they get hot in the sun.

Thanks!

John

If you are looking for mesh overpants (you mentioned heat), take a look at Olympia Airglide. They have a couple of lighter colors. I have the slightly older Airglide 2 pants, and I like them.

+1.

In 07 I tested a pair and they did their job very well.

John-

First of all, your avatar is awesome! Second, I think there are too FEW choices. Olympia makes a nice set. Firstgear's are OK. I have a set of Motoports which were crazy expensive but so far have impressed me with the quality of the construction and armor. You can't go wrong with Olympia for reasonably priced stuff or Motoport if price is no object on overpants. I want BMW to come out with overpants, and Aerostich as well, so we can have some real competition going.

-MKL

First of all, your avatar is awesome!

Looks like a man pushing a BMW to me!

I want BMW to come out with overpants -MKL

Here is a pair on BMW overpants on e-bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Cover-Pants-XXLarge-Black-VERSATILE-LOOK-/380352277127

Full length side zip all the way to the waist + some (smallish) knee armor + short connecting zip for BMW jacket. Membrane was bonded to the Cordura so that it did soak up water. It was in the clothing catalog from 2002 to 2005.

They were quite expensive here in the UK - I would be interested to know how they sold in the USA. I am prepared to wager that most people on this board have never heard of them.

Yes, I do have a pair that I use every day for commmuting.

Regards,

John

Aerostich does have an overpant in the Darien, AD1 and Roadcrafter. AD1 is the cheapest but only comes in black. Roadcrafter comes in other than black but is a bit spendy.

I prefer my Langlitz Westerns but they are really spendy and have no padding, nor are they waterproof.

Icon has the Patrol pants that don't look too shabby, but they have mixed reviews.

Good luck...

The man pushing the BMW roundel (likely) represents the band Rush, of which I'm a fan. Comes from here:

the-man.jpg

Re BMW overpants from years ago, I joined the BMW family (Oilhead-wise) in mid 2006. By the time I got up to speed on their clothing a few months later, I noted the lack of overpants sold. I do not think they have made any since.

-MKL

I've had a pair of the Olympia airglides for about a year. They've worked out well for me. Like you, I wanted anything except black. Mine are grey, and were cofortable in what passes for hot weather here in the NE (98F or so).

Ditto for Olympias. I have a pair in light gray and they came with a liner for cool/cold days.

And yet another vote for Olympias....Price is right...Silver looks good with my hair....

Archived