IGNORED

Passenger highway pegs???

Pletch

Just wondering, I know there are highway pegs for the rider, but is there something that can be put on for the passenger?

I was thinking perhaps something that mounts to the OEM foot pegs but allows for a change in position, whether it be forward or out to the sides a bit.

Wife gets really sore after about 2 hours and some kind of OEM peg/Higheway peg combintation would be perfect.

Pletch

Yeah I saw those. The OEM pegs are good and in a good location, but the flexibility to use a second set of pegs (similar to highway pegs for the rider) would be ideal.

Foot boards are good, but I am looking to give her a little more movement or alternative leg positioning during longer rides, especially highway stretches between twisites.

I got the suburban machinery passenger foot lowering pegs. It puts the pegs a little lower and out enough to help with stabling the legs and the knees are not bent so much and wife was happy.

I try to move about every 25-35 miles and Beth wil then do the same.

Stand and stretch can help both.

I can turn my leg(s) outward and she can put her legs up on mine (not in traffic).

Every change of position/move helps prevent soreness, some take

ibuprofen before riding.

I've also added sheepskin and Airhawk cushions for longer rides.

Hydration is a must and the right gear to ride in.

Tight pants can reduce blood flow and increase the problem.

Good luck.

Just wondering, I know there are highway pegs for the rider, but is there something that can be put on for the passenger?

I was thinking perhaps something that mounts to the OEM foot pegs but allows for a change in position, whether it be forward or out to the sides a bit.

Wife gets really sore after about 2 hours and some kind of OEM peg/Higheway peg combintation would be perfect.

Pletch

I used to wear boots with heels, if I was going to be riding pillion for an extended period of time. This allowed me to latch the heel on the peg, changing up the muscles used.

Another trick was to put my legs up and around the rider and lay them on the top of his thighs. Now, this is risky I'll admit. But for a few minutes, on an the right road, it did wonders. I used to put one leg at a time up on my tank for the same reason.

I also make a habit of straightening one leg at at time, pointing it out. On the RT I could do both at once, since I could only tippy toe that bike. If she's got short enough leg's she has lots of options.

It's really important to do these stretches every hour and not wait until you feel you need to do it. I think leaving your leg's or any part of the body in one position makes you more tired. A routine of all over isometrics is great for your muscles and your brain.

Witch_Doctor

Forgive me for this, but . . . everytime I think about extra pegs for a bike I think about what an old german once told me me I was renting a bike in Munich. I made the fatal question of asking about highway pegs. He said, in a very thick and condescending accent, "If BMW intended you to have them, they would have included them!" :grin:

Archived