IGNORED

Etymotic 6i replacements?

Bodhi65

I have had the etymotic 6i for two years and loved the fit and sound, although bass response was mediocre at best IMHO. One side of my set went dead so I am looking to replace them but the 6 si model is no longer being sold. I'd like to replace them with another set, preferably etymotics but the HF 5 model appears larger and angled differently than the 6 si? Im concerned these wont fit under the helmet as comfortably as the 6 si model. Does anyone have any experience in using a different model coming from the 6si model?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Alan

Did you try replacing the filter? Ear wax can get on the filter and drastically cut down the sound level.

Ed

Don't buy these.

I did

Ditto on Whip's observation. I tried his set last week and they are terrible under a helmet.

I have a set of Klipsch s3 on order and arriving tomorrow. The length of the bud and wire angle look very similar to the er6i. I'll be sure to post a review as soon as I have the opportunity to spend some time with them.

I got the idea for these from this post . I went with the s3 rather than the s4 since this is more of a "try it and see" purchase.

Don't buy these.

I did

Ditto on Whip's observation. I tried his set last week and they are terrible under a helmet.

I have a set of Klipsch s3 on order and arriving tomorrow. The length of the bud and wire angle look very similar to the er6i. I'll be sure to post a review as soon as I have the opportunity to spend some time with them.

I got the idea for these from this post . I went with the s3 rather than the s4 since this is more of a "try it and see" purchase.

I look forward to your report.

Archived