IGNORED

Opinions on Ilium Hwy Pegs?

Fast Eddy

I've got a 2010 R1200RT and am thinking of putting highway pegs on it.I like the design of the Ilium pegs and the way they fold out of the way. Is anyone using them and have an opinion?

Thanks

malcolmblalock

Got them; like them. Did have an issue with one getting "stuck" open (or out). Ilium fixed it under warranty. Good stuff.

I love mine, use them on every trip when not in the twisties. Word of note; tuck them away before the turns, they will drag

Had 'em. Don't have 'em now. :)

I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I found them to be too close to the heads and not far enough forward to comfortably put my feet on them. I would have to place the back of my heel on their top edge to get to straighten my legs.

Replaced them with a set of Mick-O-Pegs. They are spring loaded drop down pegs that let me straighten my legs out (& down). Love them!

Buddy of mine has my iliums and is happy with them but he's 6'+.

I've got the Sahara Pegs in place of coil covers. They came dealer-installed when I bought it, and I laughed, made them give me the coil covers so I could remove them.

Then I used them on a tour, I love them now. They make the crappy factory seat tolerable after day two, saved me a grand for new seats.

Archived