IGNORED

Inexpensive high power LED aux light

johnlt

I added some aux lights on my GS from ADVmonster.com link Their Model 60 is absolutely amazing. Uses 38 watts and puts out 3600 lumens. Went for a short night ride last night and it put out dramatically more light than my OEM headlight. I have a pair of Hella Micro HIDs on my RT and this model 60 LED is every bit as bright if not more so and only $120 vs over $400 each for the Hella plus no ballast to hide.

IMG4254-XL.jpg

I just swapped out a pair of ADVMonster 44s for a set of 60s. The 44s were 2000 lumen so the 60s were a bump up & I'm a light whore :)

Combined with the 1-off Motosports HID replacements for all three headlight bulbs & I've got some serious light for the road rats. It's also nice knowing that in a pinch if the headlights go out, the LEDs are still available so I won't be stuck in the dark.

I got the clear plastic lens protectors - had them on the 44s and never worried about stones, etc. $5 (cost of the lens protector) is cheap insurance. Never any problems with the 44s so I don't expect any with the 60s.

Archived