IGNORED

Aerostich Soles Back-Ordered

Selden

Way back in November, I ordered a pair of replacement soles for my Aerostich Combat Touring Lite boots. They still seem to be back-ordered. Does anybody have a suggestion for another source? The boots are made by Sidi, but according to Aerostich, they are the only customer for these boots.

The current soles are far from worn out, but when I get them re-soled, I'm hoping to get a shoemaker to install a layer of foam between the base and the sole in order to give me a little bit more foot on the ground. I can wait another 6 months, so this isn't urgent, and while I keep hoping that Aerostich will break the supply problem, it's time to start looking around for alternate solutions.

markgoodrich

Tim's link didn't work for me, but the company did, some years ago. I found it by looking for where Aerostich gets their soles redone...in other words, send your boots to these guys, and you'll get them back looking like new. I did it with another brand...worked perfect. I got what they call the "trails" sole, which is, I think perzackly what goes on the Aerostich boot. You can call and discuss your individual needs with the owner.

www.factoryresole.com

Looks like it's factoryresole.com next winter, unless Aerostich comes through before then. I'd really like to get the soles and talk face to face with a shoemaker to discuss options for adding a little bit of height. There's a fine line between making it easier to reach the ground and Frankenstein boots.

I'm waiting on those backordered soles too. And I'm in no hurry. One of these days I might give up.

Most any good cobbler can get you appropriate soles. If you don't have a good cobbler nearby, you can always send them to the world famous Dave Page. He'll fix you up. (no association)

http://www.davepagecobbler.com/

• 2 months later...

Replacement soles finally arrived from Aerostich, and I took them to a cobbler with a good reputation this afternoon: $90 to resole, including an extra 1/8" layer to give me a little more elevation.

Word to the wise: factoryresole.com would have been quicker and faster.

Selden,

I ended up sending them to here, resole america, because they had the street soles from SIDI.

Haven't gotten them back yet, will review.

Yes,

only recently found them following an old sport bike thread link.

Should be back in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the re-soled boots Friday, and the difference that an extra 1/4" (1/8" of padding + 1/8" of fresh cleated sole) makes is far more significant than I expected. When I think about it, an extra 1/4" on each foot means that if I have one foot down, the other is 1/2" closer to the ground than before. I can now flat foot the bike in almost all situations, and even when I can't, the distance to ground is no longer problematic. Tremendous improvement.

Glad to hear that.

1/4-1/2" can cost less than lowering the bike too.

Mine will be back Wednesday.

Archived