IGNORED

Sena SMH10 with the SR10 PTT switch--anyone using?

bobbybob

Anyone using this combination thru a GMRS radio and how well does it work? Any glitches or gotchas when using PTT with a GMRS radio...?

Anyone using this combination thru a GMRS radio and how well does it work?
Not yet - it's on my Spring farkle list. It's brandy new just hit the market IIRC. I have friends who use GMRS radios with their Autocomms & I've always used cell phone calling instead to talk to them (bluetooth Sena via Zumo to cell phone). The new BT adapter is just the ticket to simplify things.
Not yet - it's on my Spring farkle list. It's brandy new just hit the market IIRC. I have friends who use GMRS radios with their Autocomms & I've always used cell phone calling instead to talk to them (bluetooth Sena via Zumo to cell phone). The new BT adapter is just the ticket to simplify things.

Problem is now you will have two SENA units to charge and a GMRS. Want to see what the battery life will be like on all units, in sync, with all the gizmos running.

Problem is now you will have two SENA units to charge and a GMRS. Want to see what the battery life will be like on all units, in sync, with all the gizmos running.

Agreed. The only way I would consider adding the SR10 was if it could stay on the bike 24/7 and be directly powered by the bike.

The only way I would consider adding the SR10 was if it could stay on the bike 24/7 and be directly powered by the bike.
I'm planning a hardwire connection. I already have USB power & I'll add another one for the SR10 along with a direct power connector for the GMRS radio. No biggie - the USB power pulls 1A so there's no real issue (on a switched circuit).

Use this if you don't mind having the wire exposed. Or this for a clean (although somewhat bulky) install - in my case I've a 1200RT so there's a fair amount of room under the side tupperware.

The only way I would consider adding the SR10 was if it could stay on the bike 24/7 and be directly powered by the bike.
I'm planning a hardwire connection. I already have USB power & I'll add another one for the SR10 along with a direct power connector for the GMRS radio. No biggie - the USB power pulls 1A so there's no real issue (on a switched circuit).

Use this if you don't mind having the wire exposed. Or this for a clean (although somewhat bulky) install - in my case I've a 1200RT so there's a fair amount of room under the side tupperware.

I already have two of these wired into my tank bag. I use them to keep our iPhones charged up while streaming music for all day rides. Works like a charm and very small. I haven't read any reports on the SR10 yet, so I didn't know if it was possible to keep it plugged in all the time. I figured it was because it seems all the Sena stuff can charge while in use, but I hadn't seen it mentioned and don't anyone with personal experience yet.

Agreed--thats why I posted this. I'm looking for some "fresh farkling meat". :grin: Someone who HASN'T already got some $$$ tied up in an Autocom system who will run out and buy this and report back real quick. Specifically interested in audio delay when xmit and receiving. :lurk:

As for battery life for the GMRS, thats not a problem, never had one that wouldn't go at least one day. But if the SR10 can be hard wired, its a non-issue anyway.

Somebody--quick! They're going fast... :D

Kind of off topic but I find the instuctions interesting. Sena would like you to keep the battery at 59-79 degrees for long life. I can tell you when you charge off the bike the unit gets hot. The eight little metal contacts come real close to burning skin. Try it. So how will this effect battery life as I will charge it that way on all my cross country tours. Silly to make a unit that you cannot change out the weakest link.

Archived