IGNORED

Top Case luggage rack

Pletch

I know it's out there and this has been addressed before, but apparently my searching skills are about as good as a three toed sloth with A.D.H.D.

I want to add a small luggage rack to my OEM 49l top case on my RT, simply to hold the rain gear and clear up space in the case it's self.

So any ideas out there?

Peter Parts

Many soft-bag and strap goodies at Rider Warehouse in Deluth, esp. stuff that will give you a nice ride-around-the-world look that BMW riders cultivated decades ago when we NEVER washed our bikes except in the rain.

Or do you really want more plastic boxes?

Ben

Guest Kakugo

Head over to a Louis Megashop with your topcase and ask to see the various top case racks they available. They carry a fair selection and maybe one of the various racks will fit your top case. If not you won't be wasting your money. ;)

Otherwise Wunderlich does make a model specific rack... at 120€ a pop!

Thanks all.

Kakugo, I was at Louis this weekend, two to choose from one was to small, wouldn't clear the pad on the 49 liter tank, and the other was HUGE, hung off the sides by an easy 2 inches each side.

I remeber some time ago seeing a post on here where one of you smart guys had bought and installed a luuggage rack that fit and actually accented the top case, but I can't find it to save my life.

It doesn't need to store much, just looking to put a small roll on it that contains rain gear, to free up the space in the top case.

Thanks lads and lasses

Archived