IGNORED

Mounting Spot 2 near GPS??

rvickery2

Anyone mount their Spot 2 within 12" of their GPS? The manual says they will interfere with each other but I want to mount mine next to my Zumo 660.

Firefight911

Yes,

P1010383-L.jpg

Yes,

554148256_zFFQm-L.jpg

Yes,

P1010035-L.jpg

Been doing this for the nearly 5 years I've had a SPOT and never once had an issue.

I've said this before and taken some heat for it but I don't see the logic in mounting the spot on your bike. I always strap mine to my jacket. Have you ever seen anyone get into an accident? I unfortunately have and I've never seen anyone end up close enough to their bike to hit the SOS..

Bill

2012 RT, 09 KLR

Thanks for all the help. BGF, do you use the velcro holder that came with it? My jacket doesn't have a "Spot pocket" but I know that some are starting to make them.

I've said this before and taken some heat for it but I don't see the logic in mounting the spot on your bike. I always strap mine to my jacket. Have you ever seen anyone get into an accident? I unfortunately have and I've never seen anyone end up close enough to their bike to hit the SOS..

Bill

2012 RT, 09 KLR

+1 - I stap mine to my left arm, just above the bicep. But, mounting to the bike just looks "cool".

Thanks for all the help. BGF, do you use the velcro holder that came with it? My jacket doesn't have a "Spot pocket" but I know that some are starting to make them.

Yes, I just use the strap that came with it and strap it to my arm. I did have the velcro come loose once when I was off road on the KLR. I just looked up the spot signal on my my iphone and found it. That wouldn't help if it fell of on the highway and got run over. Since them I use a safety line also.

Bill

2012 R1200RT, 09 KLR

Archived