IGNORED

Helmet option ?

rocks

Hey are there any good helmets out there comparable to the Arai Vector shaped helmet... was going to go for the new Vector 2 but I'm stumbling over the $80 increase in price tag. I tried 1/2 dozen different helmets last week and found none as comfortable as the Vector.

Full face, not interested in a Flip-up

Thanks

Stephen

Guest Kakugo

If you like the Arai fit, check out OGK Kabuto.

I have both an RX7 Corsair and an OGK FF5V and fit is pretty much the same. Quality is very good for the price tag. Arai has a slight edge in some areas but is also a considerably more expensive helmet and OGK visors are much sturdier and far less scratch prone than the latest Arai (they seem to have "gone cheap" in this area in recent years).

"...and found none as comfortable as the Vector."

Guess that's why they can charge that much, eh? I've found the same thing, having had a Vector (first generation) and going for the Arai RXQ last summer. Same great fit and comfort, a few more features, even higher price.

For the many hours I use a helmet over its 5 - 6 year lifetime, and its superb all-day comfort and quality, I can justify the price.

I assume you tried the Shoei lids?

pete

Hi Rocks,

I haven't bought a helmet in years, but when I did I went here to get the proper fit: webbikeworld

Arai Vector is said to be SN or slightly narrow. So you should target similar helmets with that shape. Scorpion EXO-700/1000 and Shark RSF3 might be good alternatives. Try them on.

For me, I have a long oval noggin so it limited choices quite a bit at the time. I ended up with a Arai Profile. It has been great for years.

Thanks Eddy,

Did try the Scorpian's and was not too impressed... I'll look into the Shark's. Looking at Website shortly too...

Stephen

Pete,

I am probably going to bite the bullet... I know I'll be happy with the Arai... simply a cost issue. Some might argue whether my head is worth the extra $!! :grin:

Stephen

Archived