IGNORED

AIRHAWK

Twinsig

A friend won't leave home without his, he likes it that much.

He is a Ducati rider ('10 Multi) and rode to Pikes Peak and back last summer from Indiana with no comfort issues doing the trip in less than a week. Translaation- 600+ mile days. He reccomends them to anyone who has issues with a saddle. Much cheaper than a new seat and will outlive your current ride. He has been using one for several years.

Up to 200 miles, just the Alaska sheepskin.

More, multiple days, add Airhawks w/sheepskin.

Longest we've done 2 up is 700 miles returniing from a BRR in Kentucky.

Airhawk needs proper inflation, meaning very little.

Not for seat sliding in twisties.

We certainly got our money's worth and have used them for years.

Some don't like the feel, I often think they've overinflated

it, but regardless, much less $ than custom seat and works for us.

REI has a thermarest type of seat pad that has the same advantages as an airhawk for much less money. Mine is working well, but I'm still trying to figure out a better way to keep it stable on the saddle. Next one I make, I'm going to glue a hollow tube climbing strap on the pad and run a smaller size webbing strap through it to secure points under the seat.

Anyway, take a look; spend 20 bucks, stick in on your saddle with doublesided carpet tape and see if it works for you. If it does, you'll want to get creative with methods of strapping it down.

http://www.rei.com/product/746401/rei-lite-core-sit-pad

----

If you haven't tried them already, I'd try the seat jacks under the front of the seat. They make a big difference. They raise the front of the seat about 1/4 inch, and make the seat fairly level. I have an Airhawk and Alaska Leather Sheepskin. I used them on the stock seat of a 1200RT, and did an 800+ mile day in comfort.

I tried one on my FJR and could get used to it. I always felt like my bum wasn't attached to the bike - like sitting in a pan of Jell-O - no matter how I adjusted the Airhawk's pressure. But I could feel how it could be comfortable on a long haul. I'm on an Alaska Leather sheepskin with Sargent seat on my R1200RT and that's pretty comfy.

pete

Archived