IGNORED

Arai- Best Deal, place to buy?

mrsoup

Where can I find the best price on an Arai helmet? Is there a 'go to' Arai dealer that is known to give great deals? I realize that Arai maintains tight controls on their pricing but what percentage discount can I hope to get on a new helmet?

The Service Pavillion is the only place that I have found that offers a full line of Arai products. Any others that offer better pricing?

The Signet Q is on my 'gotta have it' list and I need one now. Since it is a new model I will not be able to get a deal on a discontinued graphic.

Witch_Doctor

The helmet Shop has the best Arai prices hands down, but you have to call to get them. I wear Arai, and have shopped everywhere for them, always end up back at the Helmet Shop.

Of course Arai has an office upstairs of their shop in Daytona. Here is a link:

http://www.helmetshop.com/

The best prices are always at the place that sells the most, as the manufacturer provides order quantity discounts. Econ 101.

This is "price," not "deal." Sometimes good service enhances a "deal" even though you've paid more. Perhaps the price of the service is a good deal.

First, I'm a believer in supporting your local shop. Go there, try helmets on, buy there. Lots of folks go the route of go there, try helmets on, buy on-line. Your local brick-and-mortar guy can't compete on price with the cut-rate on-line warehouse so you'll pay a bit more locally, but isn't it nice to have him in business? Support you local businesses. They pay taxes in your community and hire local people.

That said, Competition Accessories (compacc.com) has good prices on discontinued models and graphics - if you'd rather spend your money out-of-state.

pete

Pete, I took your advice and spent the day visiting M/C shops to buy my Arai. All were very pleasant to talk to with knowledgeable sales staff. Each offered 10% discounts, at least on in stock helmets.

My last stop at the Ducati store netted me 13% off MSRP and they ordered exactly what I wanted! I will be sporting a new Signet Q Racer Red lid in couple of weeks... Couldn't be happier.

Yes, I could have gotten one a for a tad less (because of sales tax) online but I am much happier to have given the business to the folks that keep the local economy rolling.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Archived