IGNORED

Anybody try the Nolan N-Com intercom system?

bobst3

I bought two new Nolan helmets for myself and my wife. We are considering adding the Nolan N-Com units. I currently have an Autocom system on one of my bikes and it works great but I like the idea of using the Nolan system on both bikes.

How is the sound quality? I plan to use it for rider to passenger intercom and to listen to my IPod. Any feedback would be helpful.

Bob

We have Nolan helmets, but went for Scala Rider Q2 headsets instead of the N-Com units because at that time, the Q2s had better reviews. If I were to buy something now, I would look seriously at Sena SMH-10 or SMH-5 sets since they seem to be well liked.

The point is that I would suggest looking at competing bluetooth units, as well as N-Com. It is probably nice to have something that is specially made to fit the helmet, but other systems will mount reasonably well and might work better. Just something to consider.

Thanks Kevin. One other advantage of going with a system like that is that I can use it with other brand helmets in the future. I appreciate the feedback.

Bob

Beemerzoom

I have the N-102 with the basic kit and intercom. I conidered it a complete waste of money. First problem was keeping the battery charged. Would only last 4 or 5 hours at he most. The helmet speakers were poor quality. Then the end of the mike fell off.....I gave up. For me it was a complete disapoitment. Never again!!!

Thanks very much for your input. That is very valuable feedback. I guess I'll look at other options.

Archived