IGNORED

Motocentrric 19 w/strap mnt

Twinsig

It took me years to get smart about my tankbag and fueling the bike. I had struggled for years to keep the bag perched on the seat after I had unhooked the front straps. Several times the bag slipped dumping its contents on the ground at the pump.

One day I got the idea to unhook the rear straps, lift the bag, open the gas tank lid and the set the bag on the open lid as I fueled. This procedure works perfectly for me, though a little extra effort is required for the vapor recovery type of nozzle.

the motocentric looks like it would do that, disconnect from rear flip forward. looked at the SW's a while back but not in my budget as a noob.

cycle gear near me has one, going to take a long look and prob will get it. $75, i hope the zippers are decent quality.

It took me years to get smart about my tankbag and fueling the bike. I had struggled for years to keep the bag perched on the seat after I had unhooked the front straps. Several times the bag slipped dumping its contents on the ground at the pump.

One day I got the idea to unhook the rear straps, lift the bag, open the gas tank lid and the set the bag on the open lid as I fueled. This procedure works perfectly for me, though a little extra effort is required for the vapor recovery type of nozzle.

Ed, I think you just re-invented the Big Mac tank bag.

Ed, I think you just re-invented the Big Mac tank bag.

I considered a Big Mac when first looking at bags but took it off the list because it would have hit my XM radio which is right between the bar mounts.

Guest Kakugo

If you can find one where you live, consider a FAMSA tankbag. It has a strap that goes over the tank rail and it justs zips on it (to avoid paying BMW royalties for the quick connect system... :grin:). Refueling only means unzipping the bag itself and zipping it bag once you are done: the strap is made to live on the bike.

I paid mine 99€ in 2010: price has since gone up considerably but it's still cheaper than any other quality option (Touratech, Bags Connection etc).

biometrics

I don't use a tank bag YET, but if I did, I would consider modifying the strap situation by using velcro on the front of the bag so it could be tilted up without a full removal of the latching holding it to the tank... Doesn't seem to be that hard a modification to do? Any comments on the idea would be appreciated.

Archived