IGNORED

Givi tanklock ring

kiwiaudio

John Bentall
I really like this bag http://www.giviusa.com/soft-luggages/Tank-bags/TPH02-TANKLOCK but the "tanklock" ring application chart does not even include BMW for some reason. Anyone been here yet?

Givi has not responded to my question yet - cannot imagine they are being hammered by any of us !!!

Navigate here http://www.givi.co.uk/soft-luggages/Tank-bags/TPH02-TANKLOCK (Givi UK site) and press the "download PDF" to see a list of current BMW applications.

I was initially very interested in the Bags connection "engage" but it is $70 more than the Givi TPH-02, and the tank ring is twice as much.

I had looked at the Givi PDF file last week and initially it showed no BMW's at all. Now I see that It lists only 3 BMW's:

R1200GS from 2008-2011

R1200R 2011

K1200RS 2000-2004

One of these may very well fit my 1998 R1100RT, and that is what i'm trying to find out. If there is a ring for it, that will open up a lot of applications as my filler design was used on a lot of BMW's.

Givi themselves are no help. The reply i got from them answered only one of my questions, and in broken english at that !

Sierra BMW say they have it but their price is out of line with everyone else. I'm going to bug them more !

Motorcycle superstore lists it as well.

Someones gotta know !

I'll keep looking - Thanks for your help guys.

John Bentall

The Twisted throttle website shows that the R1100RT and all K1200RS from 97 onwards take the same adapter ring for the Bags-Connection luggage.

Hope this helps.

John

Thats where i'd seen that chart. I'd found that before and couldn't remember where. Now if that chart is to be believed, the Bags connection "BMW6" ring fits a whole slew of BMW's, including mine. Therefore the Givi ring that fits the K1200RS (BF11) will fit these same bikes right? I'm going to try it.

Thanks John !

• 10 months later...

We just ordered the Givi T489 W/ the K1200RS tanklock ring. The Mrs. called a BMW dealer to see if the K1200RS tanklock mount ring would fit the R1150RT and they said it would fit as it had the same bolt pattern. Not positive about an R1100 RT.

I did the same thing, used the K1200RS ring on my R1150RT and my R1100S. Tank bag moves from bike to bike quite nicely.

Archived