IGNORED

Getting my R1200RT Ready To Ride

ChrisSkor

ChrisSkor

Here are a few enhancements to my R1200RT added while getting ready to ride.

http://www.carolinasbmwmoa.org/ready-to-ride/

I'm still searching for the right seat to make miles little less painful. I tried the Russell and Sargent, but those "wings" put pressure behind my legs. Also the seat bucket the create drops me down 2" resulting in too much knee bend.

--Chris Skor

Guest Kakugo

I can suggest you the Kahedo seat (sold by Touratech). Second best money spent on the bike after Wilbers shocks.

The actual solution to your seat problem is to locate a custom seat builder in your area and have it made on the OEM pan so that it is just exactly like you want it.

Cost is about 1/3 the big guys (Sargent Russell etc.) and you get what you want.

I took my seat to a custom seat builder in NC area. I requested they just round off the edges of the stock seat and add layer of memory foam.

When I got the sweat back they had scoped out a large pocket which dropped my butt about 2" adding way too much knee bend. I took it back and asked to have the pocket removed. They built it back up, but now rides worse then stock seat. Now not only am I out $200 for the seat mod, but I've got a seat I can't ride for more then 1 hour.

The Russell "sport", that seat looks like great way to add comfort without adding a deep pocket. I'm riding to the Morton's BMW Rally in Natural Bridge VA this coming weekend. I'll check the bikes to see if anyone's riding this seat.

--Chris

Archived