IGNORED

Any updates on the latest & greatest covers?

macx

I bought this Ultra Gard based on a recommendation I think from someone on this forum, and I was extremelly happy with it - until I think I goofed and somehow poked a hole in it - then the rip just ran away and now it's in shreds.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/show-chrome-accessories-big-bike-parts-ultraguard-half-cover-sand/part/BBP-4-458S?action=fitment

Lots easier on / off and to secure than a full cover. This is designed for a GoldWing, but fits my 1200RT beautifully - I don't have a trunk on the back, so the cover covers my side luggage just fine. About all it doesn't (didn't) cover was the front fender.

Would be happy with another one, but just thought I'd ask as there's always something better coming out.

Appreciate any recommendations!

realshelby

I use a couple of the Nelson Rigg UV 2000 (?) "half covers". One is several years old and other than my son ripping the elastic tie down loose still looks and works like new. No fraying problems at all.

FWIW, I think these half covers are wonderful! I cover mine at work to keep the sun off the bike, and when I go in to eat or shop while riding I put it on for security. ( if you don't see it you are not tempted to steal it ). I keep mine fastened to the bike in the little pouch it comes in where I can grab it in seconds and put it on. They weigh next to nothing and take up little space. I can't even tell you where my full size cover is!

Couldn't agree more! I've got a full cover that I bought first, but it was a major PITA to put on, so it seldom got used, never for short periods of time.

Then I got that 1/2 cover and have used it every day at work (CA desert, scorching sun, lots of blowing dust).

So easy to put on - I roll it up front to back when taking it off then start by hooking it on the luggage rack and unrolling it toward the front when putting it on - and it takes up little room in a side case and goes on in literally less than a minute. It helps a lot on the dust but the main reason is that the bike is just a year old and has never sat out in the hot sun much and I want to make this bike last awhile and keep on looking good - I'm 65 , retiring in about 16 months, and am counting on it to carry me and the wife lots of miles around all the gorgeous rugged scenery out West as long as I'm physically able to ride - we're relocating to Casper WY when I retire. Our best friends there, also with a bike, and retiring at the same time so - - - away we go!

Thanks for the input on the N-R half cover - I've got some standard N-R soft bags on my 1150R and they've done well. Will give that a good look before I order.

Archived