IGNORED

Foot peg lowering?

SteveHebert

SteveHebert

A big thing that we noticed that needs to change is the position of the rear pegs for Suz'anne. So what are our options? I am open to all suggestions and styles including the Illium sport boards.

I want to make sure though that they do not interfere with my legs when trying to put my feet down at stops.

Thanks in advance,

Steve,

Nancy had the same problem with her knees on the GS. She could not go more than 2 hours without stopping. Like you I posted looking for a used set but ended up ordering a peg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery. It definately solved the problem with her knees.

Ditto on Suburban Mach. (SM) I did the front, and am impressed with the results in terms of riding knee comfort. It's amazing what an inch or so of length will do for knee comfort.

I did exchange a couple emails with SM before ordering and they were very helpful. The lowers are of good build quality and installation is a snap.

Steve,

We have them front and rear as well and it does limit the range slightly with regard to your stance but nothing you can't get accustom to quickly.

I think it would be fine but once she gets a feel for the new position there may be no going back. It made a world of difference for us.

It's worth it for everyones comfort.

steve,

put the suburban machinery pegs on mine ever the winter. world of diff. can't comment on the passenger.

fairly easy to install.

Archived