IGNORED

BMW R1150RT Sun Shade

MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter

Anyone know where I can pick up one of those sun shades for my R1150RT? I don't need the whole cover, just the one that stretches over the bike from the handlebars. It is supposed to be in the low 100's all week here and I need to keep Max a bit cooler. Are these model specific or universal?

I use a Kwikover on my RT. It sits between the rear seat and the rear rack. Doesn't get in the way of passengers or stuff strapped to the seat or rack. The tail tucks in between the seat and the frame (I duct taped it inside so it stays even when I pop the seat off). Since it's always on the bike it's easy to unzip and stretch it over and when it's time to go it's easy to roll up and tuck back into its bag.

MotorcycleWriter

That Kwikover is PERFECT. I spent the day designing exactly that in my head. Much rather spend $69 than a week of my time. Ordering one tomorrow!

Don't get it.

Most of bike still exposed to sun.

Rain will get around and under, leaving a wet cover to store and a wet seat.

I use a full size Nelson Riggs.

Covers whole bike, stores in small bag, about 2 grapefruits in size.

Can be locked to bike.

Is lined to protect windshield from scratching.

Costs less.

Hope your shade does the job for you.

I think the idea is keep the sun off the tank and the seat. Sitting on a black seat when it is 100' is no fun.

MotorcycleWriter
I think the idea is keep the sun off the tank and the seat. Sitting on a black seat when it is 100' is no fun.

:thumbsup: x2

So put your sheepskin in the bag when you park.

Put it back on when you leave.

No hot seat and more comfort.

Cheaper too.

That Kwikover is PERFECT. I spent the day designing exactly that in my head. Much rather spend $69 than a week of my time. Ordering one tomorrow!

I got this cover. Works good for a sunshade. However, does very little at keeping the bike dry in an afternoon shower. Plus, after a year of use, the UV has heavilly faded the bag and done a number on the side elastic hold downs.

I like the concept and good looks. Although quality isn't very high.

Archived