IGNORED

Comfort Seat on a Low Suspension RT

Firenailer

After checking seat heights for the regular and low models I'm considering adding the Comfort seat to my Low Model RT. If my math is correct this would result in an unladen seat height of 30.3 inches which would be just about perfect for me.

At 5'7" I was pretty much right on the bubble as far as seat height between the 2 bikes. When I bought the bike I knew I'd be changing the seat and the Low Model gave me the room to add a more cushioned type.

Has anyone else tried this seat on a Low Suspension Bike and how comfortable is it really?

Thanks

I am 5'7". I have a 2012 RT1200 with the low suspension and the comfort seat. Both of my feet comfortably hit the ground on both sides of the bike at a stoplight.....though not totally flat. My heels on both feet are slightly off the ground. Believe me, being able to touch the ground was a big deal for me coming from a cruiser background. You will be fine with the comfort seat. Will be happy to answer any more questions. By the way, I am having my foot pegs lowered to reduce the angle of bend in my knees....not getting any younger.

Just a thought gentlemen: It's not your overall height, but your inseam that makes more sense for comparison here.

Hi Kathy,

That's true. I've got a 30" inseam so I would think I might not flatfoot it but it should be pretty good. I'm going to have to go and try it out somewhere. Hopefully MAX might have one at one of his dealerships I could put on.

The extra low really isn't so bad for a couple of hundred miles at a time, but on a long trip it really gets me squirming around!

• 1 month later...

A good reason to get the comfort seat is that it can be modified by folks like Rick Mayer. He could reduce ride height and improve comfort, two seemingly disparate goals.

I have the comfort seat on my R1100RT. "Comfort" is a relative term, applicable only in comparison to the stock seat. It seems a little taller than the stock seat as well, but I have a 32" inseam so it doesn't bother me. I use a sheepskin pad (Alaskaleather.com), which improves comfort without adding a lot of height.

I just ordered an alaska pad. I really don't mind the seat until I've been on it for 3 or 4 hours. It is pretty uncomfortable at that point! Im hoping the sheepskin adds some time.

You'll love the Alaska pad. I've had them on my last two bikes. The sheepskin is warm in winter, cool in summer. You get some air circulating under your tush. Their slogan "another 100 miles, no problem." is absolutely true.

+1 on the Alaska pad. We got one for each of our bikes just before heading out West earlier this summer for two months. We both thought they were the best purchases we made for the trip - and probably the least expensive as well.

Comfort seat on my 03 RT puts me on my tip toes when in the middle position. I dont like that. Low position make me slide forward. Inseam 32". I also have the Alaskan leather which makes it even higher.

Archived