IGNORED

Vented Summer riding boots- Which work?

mrsoup

I am in the market for a pair of summer boots that actually move enough air to be able to feel it.

I have looked at the Sidi AIR versions with the perforated Lorica, are the holes large enough to move noticealbe airflow? The BMW Airflows look interesting too. What works for you?

I want protection so they need to be mid-height or taller

I have some standard Sidi Vortice. They have a toe port and a side port you can open and close. Yes when I move my foot out on the peg into the air stream I do feel the air in the boot. Not a lot but a cooling bit. I would think that the 'air' model of it would have an even bigger effect.

They are great boots!!!!

NCS

I just use TechSox in my regular Oxtar riding boots here in Central Texas. Never had a "heat" issue with my feet/the boots at all.

I also will use 2 pair of socks on hot days. For whatever reason, the puppies are more comfortable is their is room in the boots for that.

NCS

SteveHebert

+1 on the Airflow 2 boots. I even wear them into the 40s with a gortex sock liner. The RT provides the protection. Sticking your foot out in the summer allows all kinds of air to flow through the boot and cools your foot immediately.

I have a pair of the Sidi Clever Air boots and absolutely love them. Definitely a summer weight boot. I wouldn't want to wear them below 60 degrees. Move A LOT of air. When I travel in the hot weather I carry a pair of boot covers to keep my feet dry. They're actually fairly comfortable to walk around in too.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-air-tech-gore-tex-boot

Waterproof and very breathable.

Just finished 10 day trip with them.

100 plus degree temps and and few rain showers,worked great in all conditions.

They are really my go to boot for most street riding conditions.

Wore them last year in a bad thunder,heavy rain storm going over Million Dollar Hwy in CO,feet stayed perfectly dry.

Highly recommended!

JR356

Archived