IGNORED

Sena BT iPhone Question

Duane n Oregon

Duane n Oregon

My Sena works well for intercom, bluetooth phone, and bluetooth music from my iPhone, except I don't think it's loud enough.

One solution is to use it for intercom and phone, but play the music through my '97RT's stereo. I do this by plugging a cassette adapter into the cassette player and the other end into the headphone jack on the phone. To do this, I have to make sure the music is not paired with the Sena, but I don't know how to have the music not paired while the phone is paired.

Any answers? Long term solution may be better speakers in my helmet, but I need a shorter term answer as I leave on a 5-day trip in 6 days.

My guess is that Keith will chime in here and suggest the Sena option for headphone/earbud leads, and then some custom earplugs with the earbuds integrated. He noted that he could keep the volume much lower that way than with the Sena's speakers, and his iPhone had enough battery to last all day.

I doubt that solves your time crunch, but as a long term solution, it might be a good way to go.

SteveHebert

I completed a 7 day trip last month with my wife using Sena for the first time, straight out of the box. We have the helmet speaker base. I turned the volume of the Iphone all the way up and used the jog dial to adjust when needed. The volume was more than enough. I used earplugs a few times and found that even better, removing the background wind noise. When I plugged my Ipod into the aux jack, I could not get the same volume or quality as the Iphone. Intercom volume was perfect as well.

Try the earbud base and you will have more volume than you can handle.

PhilipJCaputo

I just started using the earbud base. And bought a pair of Shure SE215's. They work ok as an ear plug (not as good as the squishy foam that I use without the ear buds in) but good enough that I'm not going to go deaf due to wind noise...

Plus I can hear everything crystal clear... It is a little tricky to get my helmet on and off with the earbuds in place (Shoei Qwest), but other helmets might not be as bad.

I just found that the in-helmet speakers were ineffective when wearing ear plugs.... and I have to wear ear plugs or the wind noise is too loud. (I am 6'3")

Have you adjusted the volume on the phone while its playing as well as the jog dial on the Sena unit?

Your phone has its own bluetooth volume setting........seperate from the ringer volume and earpiece volume. The only time you can adjust it is when you are actively streaming bluetooth. So get everything up and running to listen to music, and while the misic is playing, adjust the volume on the iPhone via the buttons on the side of the phone. See if that helps.

I found that it can go plenty loud enough if you are not wearing earplugs. With foam earplugs, I had the Sena and phone at MAX volume and it did OK until about 75mph or so. The problem was that it killed the Sena and iPhone batteries in about 7 hours. I switched to the earbud mount and a set of custom molded earbuds from Earfuze.com. Now I have the volume turned down to maybe 30%, can hear crytal clear at all speeds, and I've done 12 hour days on a single charge. Win win on every front.

Duane n Oregon

Yup, I've adjusted the volume, and it just isn't loud enough. Maybe something isn't right with mine.

I did find an app for the phone that keeps the music from going bluetooth when putting the phone on bluetooth. I think this solves it!

Yup, I've adjusted the volume, and it just isn't loud enough. Maybe something isn't right with mine.

I did find an app for the phone that keeps the music from going bluetooth when putting the phone on bluetooth. I think this solves it!

What is the app? I have the problem with my BT Hands Free and hardwire at the same time in my pickup... TIA.

Archived