IGNORED

Garmin Mount - RT Options

MarkEngland

MarkEngland

I have a Zumo 665LM and looking for options to mount between the handlebars (2009 RT). I do have a BMR Shelf, but prefer to mount lower. I do not want to mount on the left or right handle bar either.

Thanks for the suggesions and help.

Mark

Danny caddyshack Noonan

right handle bar either.

Not sure if this violates your criteria but, I've got a mount that comes off of one of the bar mount screws. Think it is a Ram that goes onto a tab coming off of one of the screws. The 665 then mates to the Ram mount through the Touratech bracket and the ball.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Kind of like that except the ball is an inch radially away from the bolt due to the short plate/tab.

Sounds like what I might of had before. Got any PICs??

Thanks

I was delighted with the BMR shelf system on my former (shoulda kept it) R1200RT. Pictured below is the mount I used prior to going BMR, i.e., RAM-B-272U (shown in TT's catalog here) in combo with TT's bolt & spacer combo.

Pics show interim chrome steel metric bolt before the above linked stainless TT kit was installed.

305910994.jpg

305910999.jpg

305911001.jpg

I've been using the thru the bolt Ram mount and I like it alot. Nice and clean, and you can remove the whole mount easily when you don't need the GPS

Archived