IGNORED

Gear for kids

EddyQ

My eight year old son and 11 year old daughter have been on my bike for slow rides around the neighborhood. But I would like to extend this and therefor need some good gear for them.

I'd really like a quality BMW Stokes suite, but they discontinued it years ago and I just cannot find one used.

Has anyone heard of CycleGear "BILT 4 KIDS" gear? Price is right, but quality is a concern. LINK

There also is a Tourmaster Jett 3 Jacket in youth sizes. But no pants.

Held also makes a youth Jacket/Pants.

Any thoughts?

That CycleGear stuff looks good to me..

600 Denier, and CE armor. 600 is minimum for adults, but kids are much lighter. Besides they'd have trouble bending their arms etc. if you get up to 1000 or 1200.

That CycleGear stuff looks good to me..

600 Denier, and CE armor. 600 is minimum for adults, but kids are much lighter. Besides they'd have trouble bending their arms etc. if you get up to 1000 or 1200.

That's what I thought too. And the price is right.

However, I just sent a check for a BMW stokes suite from classifieds in another forum. The cost used exceeds the cost of the CycleGear stuff, but I've heard nothing but good news about the stokes suit. The size is a large. If is turns out too small for my daughter, I may need to persue this gear again.

When my son was that age and rode with me he used some motorcross pants with knee and shin armor underneath on every trip. We bought a women's small First Gear riding jacket for him with extra back protection.

My eight year old son and 11 year old daughter have been on my bike for slow rides around the neighborhood. But I would like to extend this and therefor need some good gear for them.

I'd really like a quality BMW Stokes suite, but they discontinued it years ago and I just cannot find one used.

Has anyone heard of CycleGear "BILT 4 KIDS" gear? Price is right, but quality is a concern. LINK

There also is a Tourmaster Jett 3 Jacket in youth sizes. But no pants.

Held also makes a youth Jacket/Pants.

Any thoughts?

I may very soon have a stokes suit for sale from my son...

I have the Tourmaster Jett Jacket. It is a good jacket but does not work well in warmer weather. The vents a very small and there are no holes in the liner for air to flow. My daughter starts to complain in temps above mid 70's.

So I also bought a woman's extra small mesh jacket for warm weather - got it on sale for half price. She likes it better for warmer rides.

Still looking for good pants.

I may very soon have a stokes suit for sale from my son...

Matt,

I should have one any day now. However, I have two kids. If the first suit is as good as I think it will be, I might want a second adjusted for the second kid. PM me when you want to sell.

Ed -

So I also bought a woman's extra small mesh jacket for warm weather - got it on sale for half price. She likes it better for warmer rides.

Still looking for good pants.

Yeh, I may have to do that with my daughter.

Pants are very rare. I think most kids wear moto gear or no gear. Like I said in my original post, I looked and looked and found two manufacturers and nothing locally.

Ed -

Archived