IGNORED

Michelin Pilot Road 2- 12,500 miles of wear

TrickLidz

CoarsegoldKid

I'd show you the typical ones I throw out at 5500 miles but no one would be believe it. I keep a few around incase someone needs to limp home.

I'm currently at 13000 on my set of PR2's and I'm guessing I have 2-3000 more to go.

And YES, if you must know, I ride like a pussy.

Meowww

Not bad. The front looks like you kept plenty of air in it. The back looks like you ride on flat, straight, Illinois roads.

Illinois, 318 miles, 11 curves. :rofl:

Then you shouldn't waste money on PR2's. :wave:

My riding buddy regularly gets >13,000 miles on a set of tires on his R 12000 RT. But he starts smoothly, stops smoothly and doesn't use his brakes very much.

Me? Get on the gas, get on the brakes. 80 is a good cruising speed on the interstate. So I don't do so well.

But upping the air pressure sure helps. One up, 38 rear, 42 front.

YMMV :rofl:

Let's remind everyone that comparing mileage is like comparing insurance rates - it's all about region. NJ's glass-smooth asphalt means I will see AT LEAST 14,000 out of my current Pilot Roads. Got over 20,000 miles on a set of Metz 880s once commuting here.

Went cross country and the same tires that lasted me 12-13k here (Metz Z6 on my 2004 RT) didn't make it 7,500 miles before the cord started showing. Asphalt made of crushed glass and other nasty stuff in the midwestern states. Hell on tires.

-MKL

Let's remind everyone that comparing mileage is like comparing insurance rates - it's all about region. NJ's glass-smooth asphalt means I will see AT LEAST 14,000 out of my current Pilot Roads. Got over 20,000 miles on a set of Metz 880s once commuting here.

Went cross country and the same tires that lasted me 12-13k here (Metz Z6 on my 2004 RT) didn't make it 7,500 miles before the cord started showing. Asphalt made of crushed glass and other nasty stuff in the midwestern states. Hell on tires.

-MKL

Moshe,

You will find the asphalt and concrete mixes in this part of the country to be the benchmark other states attemp to mix but can fall short with the lack of certain aggregates or sands in their mix.

We can experience pretty nasty winter ice and snow out here and a more aggressive mix is used in asphalt and the concrete pavers treat fresh concrete wth a pattern that channels the water.

You right coast folks might be getting a different mix!

Glass? Fibers maybe, but no crushed glass in mix.........

:lurk:

Tires exist for fun.

Who cares about mileage first?

I use PRs harder than some others because they bite better and the reward is reduced mileage..Don't really want hi mileage rocks on anything I operate but not nuts enough to run a pure track tire for daily driving either...

The only way to really learn how to ride or drive anything well is get some practice judicously probing its limits or your own, whichever comes first.

Lone_RT_rider
Let's remind everyone that comparing mileage is like comparing insurance rates - it's all about region. -MKL

Yep,

PR3 wear in the Carolinas and Shanandoa valley. 4500 miles!

SDC12597-M.jpg

Well i just changed tyres on Saturday.

Went from PR2 to PR3. ($527 AU fitted)

Had 22600kms (14000 miles)on the PR2's. (sorry no pics) The front was almost slick and the rear was down to the wear bars and fairly squared off.

Will be interested to see how the PR3's go.

Cheers

Steve

Expensive here, ain't they, mate? :cry: I did in my last PR2 in 6500 km. Have a PR3 on the front and next change I'll try a PR3 on the rear too.

Let's remind everyone that comparing mileage is like comparing insurance rates - it's all about region. -MKL

Yep,

SDC12597-M.jpg

Yes but i've seen you ride. I'm damn impressed the tires lasted 4500 with you behind the throttle. One day I'm going to be fast enough to get a glimpse of your dust, but I doubt I'll ever be fast enough to even eat your dust.

Lone_RT_rider

Yep,

SDC12597-M.jpg

Yes but i've seen you ride. I'm damn impressed the tires lasted 4500 with you behind the throttle. One day I'm going to be fast enough to get a glimpse of your dust, but I doubt I'll ever be fast enough to even eat your dust.

You think I'm fast? That tire got that way trying to keep up with Ken Insley!

Yep,

SDC12597-M.jpg

You think I'm fast? That tire got that way trying to keep up with Ken Insley!

I've heard tales of Ken Insley..I think I saw a blurry streak go by me at the RCR that was rumored to be him.

]

I've heard tales of Ken Insley..I think I saw a blurry streak go by me at the RCR that was rumored to be him.

All rumors and lies....you're ruining what little reputation I have left :cry:

]

I'll be sure to follow you round Maggie Valley and squelch these horrible rumors and lies! It'll be like having your own press secretary.

Back to the tires. They're still holding here, and now I'm up to 12,500. I thought they'd be gone by now, but I see at least another 1,000 miles in them, easy. Maybe 2,000. In this case they will become my new favorite tires because they're as comfy and sticky as my old Metzeler set, but they last almost as long as the concrete-ride Metz 880s.

-MKL

]

I'll be sure to follow you round Maggie Valley and squelch these horrible rumors and lies! It'll be like having your own press secretary.

You can follow.

But only if he lets you.

Hi Ken...

:wave:

Just be warned, some riders follow until he gets waaayyy back in the mountain goat trails,

whenm suddenly they realize they don't know where they are, GPS isn't, and Ken is gone.

Still looking for that guy from H&Back.

:rofl:

]

You can follow.

But only if he lets you.

Hi Ken...

:wave:

Just be warned, some riders follow until he gets waaayyy back in the mountain goat trails,

whenm suddenly they realize they don't know where they are, GPS isn't, and Ken is gone.

Still looking for that guy from H&Back.

:rofl:

Tim, you're not helping :dopeslap:

The last time I went to HeleN Back the GPS said "Please drive highlighted route", then "When possible make a U-turn", then "Recalculating", then just after loosing satelite reception I heard banjos...I'm gonna miss that guy :rofl:

Archived