IGNORED

System Case Repair

Boxerdad

I need to put a repair patch in the bottom of my left bag. The heat shield fell off and the muffler melted a hole in it. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a plastic filler/adhesive?

I had a similar issue, but my hole was made by the wheel spokes when the bag was improperly installed. It bounced free and sat in the RT-P crash bars till the spokes wore the corner of the bag out.

I went to Autozone and bought a small package of a two-part mixable clay type bondo... I shaped the patch by hand, and placed it in the sun to dry. It is at least as strong as the original case if not more so. I haven't even bothered to sand it down and paint it yet because it is on the bike side of the case... but I am confident that if I sand it down and paint it, it will be very serviceable... Cost? about $10 and my time... well worth it.

I fixed the hole in mine by putting some packaging tape over the hole on the inside of the case and spreading JB weld over the outside. When dried pealed off the tape and had a nice smooth layer of JB weld filling in the hole. Didn't cost me anything since I had all the supplies on hand.

Shiny Side Up
I fixed the hole in mine by putting some packaging tape over the hole on the inside of the case and spreading JB weld over the outside. When dried pealed off the tape and had a nice smooth layer of JB weld filling in the hole. Didn't cost me anything since I had all the supplies on hand.

Now THERE'S a smart lady!!

If JB Weld won't fix it - just trash whatever it is.

I had a small hole in the exhaust manifold on my 1958 IH 350 tractor.

JB to the rescue - put it on about 4 years ago and she's still good!

You can get the bottom half of the care from Max BMW for 140 dollars.

My right sport case was cracked from the PO Dropping it. They had tried to fix it with what looked like Gorilla glue but it didn't hold. I simply ordered the bottom half of my case and spent 20 minutes replacing that half of the case. Mine was 70 bucks compared to almost 300 for a whole new case.

Archived