IGNORED

Navigator 4 Problems

OlGeezer

O.K., I get this new bike with this new GPS system. Now, I'm trying to update my maps. The first time I go to the Garmin site, I can see where my device is pre-registered. There, I see my Product Key. When I go to the updater and enter that product key, I get an error message that says it's not the right product key. No, I did not get a little piece of yellow paper in the box. That is why I believed it was pre-registered and it appeared that it was with this one slight problem.

Is there something simple that I'm missing or do I need to "have fun" with Garmin support next week?

TIA,

Are you saying that the GPS is "brand new" out of the box?

Because it doesn't sound like it to me.

All my brand new Garmin GPS's had to be registered before you can update.

Do you have an existing account with Garmin?

Are you saying that the GPS is "brand new" out of the box?

Because it doesn't sound like it to me.

Kinda-sorta.

It IS brand new. It's not in the box because the BMW dealer installed the GPS device on my bike.

All my brand new Garmin GPS's had to be registered before you can update.

Yes, it appears that it is registered. I can see it when I put in the serial number.

Do you have an existing account with Garmin?

Maybe. It's been SOOOOO long since I've had a GPS with updatable (sic) maps, I haven't been on the website for a while. I did create a new one and put in the SN of my new GPS. Everything seemed to pop up O.K. until I tried to use the Product Key in the uploader.

Edit: I plugged it in again and it's downloading fine. I guess the Garmin server had to sleep on it. I do recall this process of being a little "finicky".

The USB port is a little bit of a PITA to get to, but I guess it wouldn't be water resistant otherwise.

PS - battery is removable!

Archived