IGNORED

Intercom stuff, New 2012 RT

Dean123

Hi Folks,

I happy to be back in the RT world, having sold my 1150RT a few years ago and rode a FJR1300. I traded the FJR in on a new RT, and

couldn't be happier. The RT is way more refined and fun to ride. But anyway, this is not about RT v. FJR.

My RT has the Radio/Bluetooth package. I have been reading threads and just bought 2 Sena SMH10 Units for installation on 2 Shark Evoline 3 helmets. My assumptions are:

1. Driver to passenger intercom. Should be no problem, but disable VOX 'cause it doesn't work well.

2. BMW Radio, can be used by driver only.

3. If I get the BMW iPhone connector, driver (me) can charge and listen to Iphone music directly through the BMW system, but, again, this is only going to send music to the driver. I assume that I don't connect the iphone via bluetooth to the Sena.

4. Passenger will be required to have their own music source, in this case, an iphone which will be connected via bluetooth to the passenger's Sena.

With this set up, passenger and rider can talk to each other, have separate music sources (because they must be separate), and each answer telephone calls.

The new bike also came with a promotional GPS. I am not sure how this effects anything. I assume that the rider alone can get turn by turn and listen to MP3s through the built in memory card.

I have also read that I could connect a bluetooth dongle to the rear speaker wires. I think?? that this would allow rider and passenger to listen to the BMW music system, but I am not sure.

Thanks for your comments.

Dean

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I don't know about the Sena but, the Cardo G4 will not work with the BT on the new RT. It'll work once and then it might work one out of 30 or forty times.

I sold the G4 Teamset and bought a J&M system that does work. Haven't checked it out yet but, both of us should be able to hear everything without buying Schuberth Helmets and the SRC system which, it turns out, is more expensive than J&M.

Camhead in STL

I have 2011 RT with the factory radio. You can use ALL the motorcycle's features if you pair your helmets with a Sena SM10 http://j.mp/SenaSM10 and feed it the audio output from the "rear speaker" connector.

PM for questions on install.

Archived