IGNORED

Replacement seat r1150rt

CharlieAllnut

CharlieAllnut

I'm sure this is a much discussed topic, but I have to ask. I've finally decided to invest in a new seat, low profile and heated, for my '04 RT. The Russell Day Long looks good, but I would like to hear any opinions and/or suggestions about any aftermarket seats that won't cause butt numbness after an all day cross-country ride. Thanks.

It is a long-discussed topic! I know one thing and that's I really like my RDL seat. It was night and day better than stock. However, it was not low profile in the sense of feet reaching the ground. I can not speak for a heated option. All day, high mileage comfort--YES! Low profile--not in my experience. This didn't turn out to be a deal breaker for me with a 32" inseam and boots. The comfort was worth the extra stretch.

Here is some reading for you....

an older thread about seats......

...and another....

....some more reading...

...if you king sized....

...chatting about another brand....

...while we are at it, how to shape the seat....

...more reading on the topic of sore butts

As someone has said, there is no one seat for every butt.

The collective wisdom here says to pay attention to what kind of underwear you have on, where you put your wallet and what kind of talcum powder you grab. ( I just read the text of Tender Vittles' old thread and laughed my butt off)

I like Corbin and I have thoroughly enjoyed riding on Russell Day Longs. I could ride either all day, day after day, with no discomfort. The only seat that I have found to be intolerable is the one BMW makes. I have no experience with other brands.

Its Bond, James, er, I mean Gold Bond.

:rofl:

Saddles.

If you need it hgiher or lower than OEM BMW or saddle maker, there may be issues.

Most aftermarket are wider which in essence makes them taller.

Low, heated?

If that is what you need specifically, someone may chime in or even have one sitting around.

Good luck.

CharlieAllnut

I've spoken with the good folks at Russell. and it looks like a Day Long Seat is the choice. Can't wait to have a more comfortable long ride. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Archived